Official Camino Supporter, Camino 2022 Congestion,,Pacing Myself

 Hello Friends, 

This week I joined Australian Friends of the Camino. For  $30 pa I get a newsletter,  information,  a support network & access to a "Pilgrim's Credencial". I also become a supporter pf the Caminos.  I'm now waiting on an Information Package.

And AFOC wished me a buen camino! My first ever.  

-  z z z z z z x  -



News from the Camino Portuges - Coastal is that numbers of pilgrims post Covid are bursting & finding a bed in an albergue is hard. 

- x x x x x x x -

I've read some & viewed some of BEAU MILES' work.  Once an extreme type adventurer he now focuses on smaller stiff like walking 87k to work over 30hrs, or paddling overgrown & polluted canals,  creeks & rivers to work. Great guy.  

As a college adventure lecturer he is quite scientific in his quests. At one point he recalled being encouraged to COUNT YOUR STEPS AS YOU WALK. I cannot recall the reasons why.  Vaguely,  something to do with navigation & data gathering. I am like Beau in this regard, I always count my steps & don't know why. I also count animal sightings,  pieces of junk & so on.  

So,  went I went on my recent walk (3 dogs, 0 water, 0 phone), I counted steps. I did this along the only portion of paved road so I could measure it against the Trip Metre in my daughter's little car. 

Results:

1 000 of my steps measured 0.6 kilometres.  

Therefore,  5 000 steps would be 3 kilometres. 

A Joe Average walker covers 3 kilometres for every hour walked.  

So a kilometre would be (5 000 ÷ 3 = ) 1 666 steps.  Each kilometre would take approximately 20 minutes to cover. 

So,  if I chose to not use my phone to track my walk (which is also public information), or just want to save power, I know my speed, time & distance, quite simply, if I know the time.  So I could easily navigate using a watch.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stage 4/5 of Eileen Pilgrimage Completed